Welcome back to our weekly Stadium Music Chart, representing the most popular new releases playing out across the nation’s Football Grounds and Sport Stadiums, compiled using official Shoot Music DJ download data.
STADIUM MUSIC CHART STANDINGS
- (2) LITTLE MIX – No (4 Weeks)
- (3) FOALS – Wake Me Up (5 Weeks)
- (1) KASABIAN – ALYGATYR (7 Weeks)
- (4) TIESO x AVA MAX – The Motto (3 Weeks)
- (6) ADELE – Easy On Me (5 Weeks)
- (5) JOEL CORRY – I Wish (feat. Mabel) (5 Weeks)
- (9) STEREOPHONICS – Do Ya Feel My Love? (3 Weeks)
- (10) SELF ESTEEM – You Forever (6 Weeks)
- (8) RICHARD ASHCROFT – Bittersweet Symphony (4 Weeks)
- (NE) ELBOW – What Am I Without You (1 Week)
- (11) CRAIG DAVID x MNEK – Who You Are (7 Weeks)
- (15) BLOC PARTY – Traps (2 Weeks)
- (12) ALOK X JOHN LEGEND – In My Mind (Joel Corry Remix) (6 Weeks)
- (14) TEARS FOR FEARS – The Tipping Point (4 Weeks)
- (17) MILES KANE – Nothing’s Ever Gonna Be Good Enough (3 Weeks)
- (18) YEARS & YEARS x GALANTIS – Sweet Talker (2 Weeks)
- (16) LOST FREQUENCIES – Where Are You Now (feat. Calum Scott) (3 Weeks)
- (19) THE SNUTS – Burn The Empire (3 Weeks)
- (NE) JAMIE WEBSTER – North End Kid (1 Week)
- (NE) SEA POWER – Folly (1 Week)
As we approach the week of Christmas, Little Mix have come out on top after receiving the most downloads from DJs in stadiums up and down the country. Their single ‘No’ is an edgy electro pop banger about standing firm and saying no in a relationship, set to instantly become a Little Mix classic hit.
Band member Leigh-Anne has said: “We knew this song had to be a single. It feels like a classic Little Mix track, but also fresh and new at the same time.” DJs at Liverpool, Stoke City & Surrey Heat Basketball are all showing love for this number.
Just on their heels we have Foals, who have leapfrogged last week’s 1st place, Kasabian. Completing the top four is Tiesto & Ava Max with ‘The Motto‘.
Listen to the full Top 20 Stadium Music Chart through our Spotify Stadium Chart Playlist:
At mid-table, Self Esteem is showing that she can still push on despite already being in the chart for 6 weeks now. Her single ‘You Forever’ continues to be a hit in stadiums during this festive period, as it jumps two places up to 8th. The same goes for Stereophonics, as their release ‘Do Ya Feel My Love?’ also moves up two spots.
In other news, legendary band Elbow make their chart debut this week, with ‘What Am I Without You’, taken from their latest album, ‘Flying Dream 1’. This record is a change in pace from the band’s previous, UK Number One album, ‘Giants of All Sizes’, with a deliberately quieter and more contemplative musical tone.
Best Of The Rest
Among the rest of the pack we have two further new entries from Sea Power & Liverpool FC fanatic Jamie Webster!
Sea Power bring us ‘Folly’ at 20th place, a track that sings up a meandering humanity – a sleepwalking world of procrastinators with our eyes on the short-term. Guitarist Noble expands: “Folly is in the tradition of singalong Sea Power apocalyptic anthems – everyone ambling down the road to a multitude of catastrophes. Party on! You might find yourself standing up on the South Downs, up on the fells or the dales, looking down at the world, a world where we seem to avoid the decisions and changes to stop the rot. It’s all folly, but in this case set to some pretty life-affirming music – good stuff underpinning the donut vibes and maybe making you think it’s not all over, not quite, not yet.”
As for Jamie, his latest track ‘North End Kid’ goes upbeat to make heroes of the downcast. It’s about the tale of Tommy who dreams of Broadway from the fringes of a council estate, only to find real life and its hardships waiting for him when the sun rises, inspired in part by Billy Elliot and the conversational, smoky bar room swing of Billy Joel’s Piano Man.