Welcome back to our weekly Stadium Music Chart, representing the most popular new releases playing out across the nation’s Football Grounds and Sport Stadiums, compiled using official Shoot Music DJ download data.
STADIUM MUSIC CHART STANDINGS
- (1) BIFFY CLYRO – A Hunger in Your Haunt (6 Weeks)
- (3) KYLIE MINOGUE & YEARS AND YEARS – A Second To Midnight (6 Weeks)
- (4) KASABIAN – ALYGATYR (3 Weeks)
- (2) COLDPLAY – My Universe (feat. BTS) (8 Weeks)
- (5) ED SHEERAN – Shivers (8 Weeks)
- (NE) JOEL CORRY – I Wish (feat. Mabel) (1 Week)
- (6) DIPLO – Promises (5 Weeks)
- (7) JESY NELSON – Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj) (5 Weeks)
- (9) RICHARD ASHCROFT – This Thing Called Life (6 Weeks)
- (11) MILES KANE – Caroline (7 Weeks)
- (10) LIL NAS X – That’s What I Want (7 Weeks)
- (NE) ADELE – Easy On Me (1 Week)
- (12) ALOK X JOHN LEGEND – In My Mind (Joel Corry Remix) (2 Weeks)
- (13) BRYAN ADAMS – So Happy It Hurts (4 Weeks)
- (15) CRAIG DAVID x MNEK – Who You Are (3 Weeks)
- (16) DAVE – System (feat. Wizkid) (2 Weeks)
- (14) JAMES ARTHUR – Emily (6 Weeks)
- (NE) FOALS – Wake Me Up (1 Week)
- (20) SELF ESTEEM – You Forever (2 Weeks)
- (17) BIYI – Lately (Villem Remix) (6 Weeks)
While Biffy hold their own to retain 1st, the main change up top this week involves both Kylie Minogue and Kasabian leapfrogging Coldplay to 2nd and 3rd. This current top four consists of four very experienced outfits, all of whom we think will experience a taste of top spot glory by new year.
Listen to the full Top 20 Stadium Music Chart through our Spotify Stadium Chart Playlist:
Around mid-table we have one new entry just above 10th, and one just below 10th. Joel Corry is pushing for a spot in the top 4 with his track ‘I Wish’, featuring superb vocals from Mabel. Arriving at 12th position is superstar singer-songwriter, Adele. ‘Easy On Me‘ consists of some outrageously beautiful vocals from the Spurs fan, and while her style is not always chosen to accompany the sports stadium vibe, her vocals are so powerful that it would sit perfectly as one to be played early doors as fans enter the grounds. I think that’s why it’s been a hit with DJs, as it receives plays at Stoke City, Falkirk, Heart of Midlothian & Hampden Park.
Best Of The Rest
Among the rest of the 20, we introduce our third and final new entry of the week, from Oxford-based, alt-rock band Foals. Foals have been delivering killer records for over 15 years now, notably Total Life Forever, Holy Fire, What Went Down, and the more recent 2-part album, ‘Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost‘. However, it’s their latest single ‘Wake Me Up‘ that has begun attracting attention from stadium DJs, as it precedes the release of their highly-anticipated 2022 album.
If Covid-19 wasn’t enough for the group to deal with while planning for future releases, they’ve also had to endure 2 bandmates dropping out within the last 2 years. Edwin and Walt were two crucial pieces of the Foals jigsaw, but the now trio have adapted superbly and retained their original sound while keeping things fresh. It’s also great to hear the ex-bass and keys players left on good terms. ‘Wake Me Up’ is receiving love from DJs at Brentford, Liverpool, West Ham & West Brom.
- Joel Corry – ‘I Wish’ (feat. Mabel)
- Foals – ‘Wake Me Up’
- Adele – ‘Easy On Me’