Welcome back to our weekly Stadium Music Chart, representing the most popular new releases playing out across the nation’s Football Grounds and Sport Stadiums, compiled using official Shoot Music DJ download data. This week’s chart offers a serious variety, with a fair combination of up and coming artists and huge name stars.
STADIUM MUSIC CHART STANDINGS
- (1) STEREOPHONICS – Hanging On Your Hinges (6 Weeks)
- (2) ED SHEERAN – Shivers (4 Weeks)
- (4) BIFFY CLYRO – A Hunger in Your Haunt (2 Weeks)
- (6) COLDPLAY – My Universe (feat. BTS) (4 Weeks)
- (3) TOM GRENNAN – Don’t Break The Heart (7 Weeks)
- (5) SIGRID – Burning Bridges (7 Weeks)
- (8) ROGER SANCHEZ X OlLIVER HELDENS – Another Chance (5 Weeks)
- (13) KYLIE MINOGUE & YEARS AND YEARS – A Second To Midnight (2 Weeks)
- (9) JOY CROOKES – Feet Don’t Fail Me Now (3 Weeks)
- (10) RAG’N’BONE MAN – Alone (Nothing But Thieves Remix) (6 Weeks)
- (12) SAM FENDER – Get You Down (4 Weeks)
- (11) LIL NAS X – That’s What I Want (3 Weeks)
- (14) EXAMPLE – Every Single Time (7 Weeks)
- (NE) DIPLO – Promises (1 Week)
- (15) MILES KANE – Caroline (3 Weeks)
- (19) BIYI – Lately (Villem Remix) (2 Weeks)
- (17) RICHARD ASHCROFT – This Thing Called Life (2 Weeks)
- (20) JAMES ARTHUR – Emily (2 Weeks)
- (16) ALT-J – U&ME (2 Weeks)
- (NE) JESY NELSON – Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj) (1 Week)
The top 2 are unchanged this week, with Stereophonics & Ed Sheeran dominating for yet another week, but there’s some changes below them. Scottish rockers, Biffy Clyro stay hot on their heels moving into third, while the release of Coldplay‘s new album ‘Music of the Spheres‘ appears to have given them a boost, with ‘My Universe‘ getting cosy at fourth.
This is the band’s 9th studio album, and came just a day after the boys announced a massive global stadium tour for 2022. Refreshing news for fans after a long stint with zero live music! On top of DJ downloads from an array of football clubs in both England and Scotland, Coldplay have attracted praise from Surrey Heat Basketball, St Helens RFC & DJs from both the German & Scottish National Football Teams.
Listen to the full Top 20 Stadium Music Chart through our Spotify Stadium Chart Playlist:
Around the middle of the pack, we see Kylie‘s collaboration with Years and Years move upwards 5 places after receiving downloads from a whole heap of EFL clubs, with most noting how uplifting the disco track is.
The first of 2 new entries this week comes from one of the most dynamic, unstoppable forces in music today. LA-based DJ, songwriter & record producer Diplo has returned alongside omnipresent dance music force Paul Woolford and fast-rising Atlanta-born singer-songwriter Kareen Lomax on his new anthem ‘Promises’. ‘Promises’ can only be described as a demonstration of the synergy of true collaboration taken to its logical conclusion when three artists in unique positions come together.
It’s another which despite not being out all that long, is off to a flying start receiving plays from all over, including Bramall Lane, Vitality Stadium, London Stadium and more!
Best Of The Rest
Elsewhere Wasps player & hip-hop artist Biyi continues to make moves alongside UK producer Villem, for a remix of his new single ‘Lately’. This D’n’B remix is perfect for a variety of sports settings, from stadiums and fan-zones to TV placements, so there’s no surprise West Ham, Ipswich and West Brom have all latched onto this record so swiftly.
Last but not least making her chart debut at 20th we bring the latest offering from Jesy Nelson, as she kicks in the door with her massive solo debut single ‘Boyz’. The track samples Sean “Diddy” Combs classic anthem “Bad Boy 4 Life” and features rap megastar, Nicki Minaj. This comeback has been hotly anticipated by fans since her departure from BRIT award-winning girl band Little Mix at the end of 2020.
It’s also refreshing to see a track consisting of only women succeeding and performing so well in stadiums often filled with men. It’s set to be a huge hit at Hampden Park, where DJ Keith Easton will be playing ‘Boyz‘ for the upcoming Scottish Women‘s games.
Other Notable Entries