Welcome back to our weekly Stadium Music Chart, representing the most popular new releases playing out across the nation’s Football Grounds and Sport Stadiums, compiled using official Shoot Music DJ download data. There’s a lot of brilliant music coming out right now, and from such a variety of artists. Our chart continues to look as diverse as ever, showcasing both established and up and coming talent from all over the globe. Read on to see which artists are making waves this week, and catching the eye of stadium DJs.
STADIUM MUSIC CHART STANDINGS
- (2) BLOSSOMS – Care For (6 Weeks)
- (1) THE SHERLOCKS – City Lights (5 Weeks)
- (4) STEREOPHONICS – Hanging On Your Hinges (2 Weeks)
- (3) ELTON JOHN x DUA LIPA – Cold Heart (PNAU Remix) (6 Weeks)
- (7) SIGRID – Burning Bridges (3 Weeks)
- (5) THE VACCINES – Alone Star (7 Weeks)
- (9) TONY PERRY – Free For Sweet Harmony (dancelab mix) (3 Weeks)
- (6) JACK SAVORETTI – Secret Life (5 Weeks)
- (8) RAG’N’BONE MAN – Alone (Nothing But Thieves Remix) (2 Weeks)
- (NE) SEA GIRLS – Sick (1 Week)
- (10) EXAMPLE – Every Single Time (3 Weeks)
- (11) ALUNA – Summer of Love (6 Weeks)
- (12) JUNGLE – Keep Moving – Loving In Stereo (Album) (6 Weeks)
- (13) NEW HYPE – Love Again (4 Weeks)
- (14) TOM GRENNAN – Don’t Break The Heart (3 Weeks)
- (NE) ROGER SANCHEZ X OlLIVER HELDENS – Another Chance (1 Week)
- (16) JOEL CORRY X JAX JONES – Out Out (4 Weeks)
- (15) YUNGBLUD – fleabag (4 Weeks)
- (17) MENTIS – Excuses (feat. Kate Wild) (3 Weeks)
- (18) DISCLOSURE – Another Level (4 Weeks)
It’s a very familiar looking top four once again this week, only this time round with Blossoms taking back top spot after a dominant few weeks up there from The Sherlocks. We also introduced you to ‘Hanging On Your Hinges’ last week, a new banger from Stereophonics, and they have now used that record to leapfrog Elton John & Dua Lipa to make the top three.
After 18 months of lockdown, ‘Hanging On Your Hinges’ is an optimistic yet defiant howl as the band get back to doing what they do best.
Lead singer Kelly Jones says, “this track was influenced by my love of early ZZ Top and darker stuff like Masters of Reality and maybe some Iggy Pop too and probably nods back to ‘Bartender & The Thief’. It’s the song on this album that says ‘Oochya!’ more than anything else, so it’s something we wanted the fans to hear first.”
Listen to the full Top 20 Stadium Music Chart through our Spotify Stadium Chart Playlist:
Slap bang in the middle of the pack, you’ll find chart debutants in London-based indie rockers, Sea Girls. It’s been a slow start, but DJ downloads have really picked up of late, with a whole array of EFL clubs going mad for these lads. They’ve impressed Braintree Town, West Brom, Bristol City, Wigan, Walsall…the list goes on!
Frontman Henry Camamile says, “‘Sick’ is me listing things I’m p**sed off with and feeling sorry for myself, it’s a growing up song where I realise I’m no longer a young child. It’s me in my bedroom at home ranting with my thoughts and going down the hole of being pissed. I am sick of everything – from things I used to love through to things that feel vacuous, like consuming and buying. All these emotions are piling up and it’s me just asking for a reset, a childish solution.”
Meanwhile, the likes of Tony Perry and Sigrid are pushing on too, both jumping two places toward the border of Mid-Table and those European spots.
Best Of The Rest
Among the rest of our charters we have a new entry in the form of an American-Dutch collaboration. Enlisting Dutch DJ and producer Oliver Heldens, legendary New York-born Roger Sanchez has shared a new remix of his track ‘Another Chance’ as part of the ongoing celebrations marking two decades since the original single’s release.
Downloads of this remix have accumulated super quick since the release earlier this week, with notable support from DJs at Celtic Park, St Helens RFC, and the German National Football Team.
Sanchez said: “I’m excited at the approach Oliver has taken to ‘Another Chance’ – he has kept the spirit of the original, but added his vibe to it and the result is epic! It’s been great collaborating on this version with him and I’m looking forward to seeing the reactions on the dance floor!”
Other Notable Entries