Welcome back to our weekly Stadium Music Chart, representing the most popular new releases playing out across the nation’s Football Grounds and Sport Stadiums, compiled using official Shoot Music DJ download data.
The 2021/22 season is now fast approaching us, and with Scottish sides getting underway this weekend there’s no better time for new music. This is something you’ll see a fair bit of this week with a number of exciting new entries coming into play! Let’s hope the stadiums can remain filled for the foreseeable future, with brilliant new tunes keeping fans entertained during match-days, and not just through the television… enjoy!
After three weeks hovering around the top spots, Celeste finally makes her way up to No.1 with her huge track, ‘Stop This Flame‘. As mentioned previously this one has been highly popular in the world of sport notably on TV & Radio, but that’s no different in stadiums with the likes of Liverpool, Watford & Dumbarton all blasting it out around their grounds during pre-season. The singer credits her maternal grandfather for introducing her to the legendary artists who would go on to influence her sound, a modern take on the timeless, heartache-tinged soul of smoky jazz bars and velvet-voiced storytellers. Her grandfather would play cassette tapes of Aretha Franklin and Ella Fitzgerald on repeat in his old Jaguar, leaving a young Celeste transfixed and hungry to hear more.
Listen to the full Top 20 Stadium Music Chart through our Spotify Stadium Chart Playlist:
From mid-table you’ll start to notice some fresh faces entering the play, with notable shouts to Nathan Evans, Pendululm & Ed Sheeran (the latter being picked up by Celtic & Manchester Utd). Pendulum would easily be described as one of the most iconic electronic acts of all time, and they kicked off 2021 with a bang. ‘Come Alive’ follows on from two previous singles released earlier this year, with its powerful and heavy guitar riffs and classic vocals from front man Rob Swire present in all of them. It’s the fan-favourite rock infused electronic music that Pendulum do best, and my word does it pump you up! This style of music suits the stadium atmosphere perfectly, with ‘Come Alive’ gaining popularity among DJs at Bristol City & Falkirk FC, breaking away from familiar territory of England in to Scotland too!
Best Of The Rest
On a final note, deservedly breaking into 20th spot this week is Dave with his track ‘Clash’, featuring the big man, Stormzy. Dave would have to be described as one of the most decorated artists of his generation, and has won a variety of awards to show for it, despite his career only just getting started. From two AIM Independent Music Awards through to the GQ Men of the Year Award for Breakthrough Music Act, he’s pretty much unstoppable and combining with multi-brit winner Stormzy, this was always going to feature on Match-day playlists up and down the country! If you’re a Manchester United, Liverpool or Wigan Athletic fan (among many others), you’ll be sure to hear this providing some match-day atmosphere in the weeks to come.
Other Notable Entrees
Sam Fender, Sigala (feat. Rita Ora)
STADIUM MUSIC CHART STANDINGS
- (2) CELESTE – Stop This Flame (3 Weeks)
- (1) CALVIN HARRIS – By Your Side feat. Tom Grennan (3 Weeks)
- (6) YEARS & YEARS – Starstruck (3 Weeks)
- (5) JAMES ARTHUR – September (3 Weeks)
- (3) NOTHING BUT THIEVES – Futureproof (3 Weeks)
- (4) COLDPLAY – Higher Power (3 Weeks)
- (8) NOEL GALLAGHER’S HIGH FLYING BIRDS – Flying on the Ground (3 Weeks)
- (7) THE FRATELLIS – Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (3 Weeks)
- (14) BECKY HILL – Remember (3 Weeks)
- (NE) NATHAN EVANS – Told You So (1 Week)
- (10) JUNGLE – Talk About It (3 Weeks)
- (NE) PENDULUM – Come Alive, Elemental (EP) (1 Week)
- (16) SIGRID – Mirror (3 Weeks)
- (17) THE LATHUMS – How Beautiful Life Can Be (3 Weeks)
- (18) JACK SAVORETTI – Who’s Hurting Who feat. Nile Rodgers (3 Weeks)
- (NE) ED SHEERAN – Bad Habits (1 Week)
- (NE) SIGALA X RITA ORA – You For Me (1 Week)
- (NE) SAM FENDER – Seventeen Going Under (1 Week)
- (20) DISCLOSURE – Tondo (2 Weeks)
- (NE) DAVE – Clash (feat. Stormzy) (1 Week)